Interested in submitting to Pacific Lights Publishing?
We are currently only looking for books in the Christian romance genre. Books can be contemporary romance, historical romance, or romantic suspense, but they must include an evangelical Christian arc that is woven carefully throughout the story.
If your story fits those parameters, please follow these guidelines.
- We only accept email submissions. All regular mail proposals will be recycled even if a SASE is included.
- If a proposal or sample chapters are not included, we most likely won’t read your submission.
- We only accept proposals for completed manuscripts.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions, but we ask that you notify us in your query letter if have submitted the book to either another publisher or an agent.
How to Submit
If you would like Pacific Lights Publishing to consider your story, please email your proposal (see guidelines below) and three sample chapters to either:
(We discuss proposals with each other, so there’s no need to send to us both.)
- In the Subject Line, put: ‘Genre’ Proposal. (ie. “Christian Romantic Suspense Proposal.”)
- Please paste your query letter into the body of the email.
- Attach your proposal and writing sample as a single Word document.
What to Expect
- If we feel your story is a good fit for our house, we will get back to you within two months.
- We do try to respond to every submission, so if you have not heard back from us within two months, please feel free to send us a follow-up email.
Your proposal is meant to pique our interest in not only your story but you as an author and what you bring to what we hope will be a profitable partnership for both of us. To that end, at minimum, your proposal should contain the following sections.
- Contact Information
Ensure your name, address, phone number, email address, and the story’s word count are in the header on every page.
- A Synopsis
This is a compelling one to two page summary of your novel. Don’t leave us hanging. Tell us the whole story.
- Spiritual Message
In one or two paragraphs, tell us what the spiritual message of your book is and how it is incorporated in the book.
- Chapter Summaries
Write a concise one-paragraph summary of each chapter.
- First Three Chapters
These should be double spaced and have a title page.
- The Manuscript’s History
ie. Has the book been previously published, either by another publisher or by you independently? If so, do you have proof that you retain all rights to the book? If not, a simple statement that the book has never been published is fine.
- Biographical Information
Tell us about yourself. Why did you write this particular book? What is your current platform/sphere of influence/built-in audience?
- Marketing Strategies
How do you plan to help promote and market this book?